CareMonkey provides integration with Synergetic to ensure that data from these two systems are synced and up-to-date.
Setting up this integration between CareMonkey and Synergetic requires:
- Creating a CareMonkey account and configuring the account to manage IP addresses for API Access
- Installing the CareMonkey Agent in a server within the School's Intranet with access to the Synergetic database
- Configuring the CareMonkey Agent to Synchronise with CareMonkey
Let's get started.
Step 1: Creating a CareMonkey account and configuring the account to manage IP addresses for API Access
The following steps must be completed,
1. Create a CareMonkey account
Please refer to this article: How does an Administrator register the organisation's CareMonkey account?
2. Generate the API Access Key
Please refer to this article: How does an Administrator generate an API Access Key for Integration?
3. Managing the API Access Key
Please refer to this article: How does an Administrator manage the IP Addresses for API Access Key
Step 2: Installing the CareMonkey Agent in a server within the School's Intranet with access to the Synergetic database
Setting up the integration requires administrative access to the Synergetic SQL Server database and is usually performed by the IT department. This will involve the following configuration steps;
- Download the CareMonkey Sync zip file and saving it to the Admin Server
- Setting up the Sync
- Configuring the SQL Server to allow SQL Server Authentication Mode
- Creating the necessary user in SQL Server
- Configuring the Zscaler settings (if this is being used by the organisation)
Before starting the configuration steps, please make sure to have:
- Internet HTTP proxy configurations
- Synergetic database server name, port number and database name
- a password to be set for the database CareMonkey account
- an account with administrative privileges on the server to host CareMonkey's Agent
- a Synergetic account with administrative privileges
1. Downloading the CareMonkey Sync zip file and saving it to the Admin Server
- Please follow the CareMonkey customer downloads link and download the latest version of the CareMonkeySync zip file. The file name is CareMonkeySync.exe-XX.zip, where "XX" is the version (for example, 2.0.121)
- Create a “caremonkey” folder in the C drive of the server.
- unzip the CareMonkeySync zip file into the caremonkey folder.
- A file called CareMonkeySync.exe will be created in the folder "C:/caremonkey/" (or into your installed folder)
2. Setting up the Sync
- Start a command prompt as an administrator
- Navigate to c:/caremonkey folder
- Execute the command: caremonkeysync.exe --setup
- The following prompts will be displayed:
Do you want to enter the details and create/change the file (y/n)?
Answer Y and press enter.
Configuring for Synergetic or SAS:
Enter Synergetic and press enter
Enter the CareMonkey URL for API access:
Press Enter (default value)
Enter your HTTP proxy address:
Enter proxy HTTP address if necessary, and press enter
Enter your HTTP proxy port:
Enter proxy HTTP port number if necessary, and press enter
Enter your Synergetic database hostname:
Enter the database server host name and press enter
Enter your Synergetic database port no:
Enter database port number, and press enter
If you're not sure what port number you're using, please refer to this article: How does the Administrator check the correct database (SAS2000 or Synergetic) Port number?
Enter your Synergetic database name:
Enter database port number, and press enter
Enter your Synergetic database username:
Enter database login/user name to be created for the CareMonkey synchronisation process and press enter
Enter your Synergetic database password:
Enter database password for the user above and press enter
Do you want to write these files?
Answer Y and press enter
Two SQL files will be generated in the c:/caremonkey folder:
One of these files will be used in the below steps, so please note their location.
3. Configuring the SQL Server to allow SQL Server Authentication Mode
Please follow the instructions from the following article: How does the Administrator configure the settings of the SQL Server to allow “SQL Server Authentication” Mode?
4. Creating the necessary user in SQL Server
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and login to the server that contains the Synergetic database with an administration Login.
- If your School will have One-Way Synergetic Synchronisation, execute only "CreateSQLUserRead.sql" into the Synergetic database
- If your School will have Two-Way Synergetic Synchronisation, execute only "CreateSQLUserReadWrite.sql" into the Synergetic database
5. Configuring the Zscaler settings (if this is being used by the organisation)
Please refer to this article: How does an Administrator configure the Zscaler settings?
Step 3: Configuring the CareMonkey Agent to Synchronise with CareMonkey
To make sure the configuration is complete and functional, the first step is to run the synchronisation manually:
- on a windows command prompt, navigate to 'c:/caremonkey'
- execute the following command: caremonkeysync.exe --sync
- once the process is completed the following success message is displayed:
- If this is not the case, please read the errors displayed on the screen carefully. If you are unable to resolve the issue and continue on with this process, please contact CareMonkey support for assistance.
The next steps should only be actioned once the manual synchronisation process above has completed successfully.
Once the manual synchronisation process has successfully completed, it is time to setup the windows scheduler task.
- start a windows command prompt with administrative rights
- navigate to 'c:/caremonkey'
- execute the following command: caremonkeysync.exe --start-service
This will create a windows scheduler task to execute the CareMonkey synchronisation process agent every 2 hours. This command will also trigger a synchronisation as soon as the windows task setup is completed.
Please refer to this article for the configuration of filters for data synchronisation: How does an Administrator configure the data that was picked up by the integration from SAS2000 or Synergetic to CareMonkey?
If you require any assistance in setting up the integration, please get in touch with us via the Live Chat tool or send an email to email@example.com.