This article covers the following:
1. Creating an eForm
2. Adding Form Elements
3. Previewing the eForm
4. Enabling the eForm
1 - Creating an eForm
a. On the main CareMonkey Administrator screen, click the Add button in the eForms section.
b. You will then be presented with three options:
- Start from an existing eForm: Select this option if you are creating a similar event to one that already exists. The content of the selected eForm will be copied across, and you can make changes to it instead of starting from scratch.
- Start from an existing template: Select this option if you wish to start from a template. For more information about templates, please see How does an Administrator Create and Use eForm Templates? article.
- Start from a blank eForm: Select this option if you wish to start from scratch with a blank eForm.
c. Enter a Title, Description and choose your Profile Selection.
d. Select an eForm type from the following:
- Excursion Permission: This will automatically insert an "Acceptance" question, which will be pre-filled with the text in the image above and cannot be changed.
- General Permission: This will automatically insert an "Acceptance" question which you can edit as you please.
- Custom: This will start without any questions.
e. Requires Medical Profile?
- Yes: Automatically include all members in the medical eForm
- No: Can be assigned to profiles that didn't create a profile
f. Profile Selection
- Drag and drop/Manual
- All profiles - all received and not received profiles will be assigned to the eForm
- Linked groups - link the eForm to one or more groups
- Filtered profiles (Smart Group) - please see How does an Administrator create Smart Groups and assign eForms using Filters?
2 - Adding Form Elements
a. At the bottom of the screen, there's a variety of form elements available for customisation. For a detailed explanation of each of the fields, please see this knowledge-base article What are the different eForm Question Types that an Administrator can use?. For this example, we will ask parents where they would like their child dismissed after the excursion.
b. Type in the "Question" and the relevant answer options. If more options are required, simply press the + icon or the x icon to remove unnecessary answer option.
c. Clicking on the Preview this Question will bring up a pop-up window displaying how the question will look. This is very useful when it is unclear what type of form element will be created.
d. Once the questions and answers have been created, it is possible to re-order them by clicking and dragging.
e. After re-arranging the two questions above, the eForm will show the screenshot below.
f. Once the questions have been ordered correctly, the next screen is where the dates and various other options can be configured.
- Clicking on the Enabled box will start sending the emails to the Care Profile Owners ((i.e., parents, club members, adult participants, employees, etc.). If you're not yet ready to send the eForm to the Care Profile owners, you can leave it unchecked. You can check it later once you're ready.
- If you wish to save this eForm as a template so it can be easily replicated in the future, simply click Save copy as a template in the menu on the left.
3 - Previewing the eForm
a. Once the configurations have been set, the next screen will show a preview of the completed eForm.
b. It is also possible to generate a sample email showing what the primary Care Profile Owners will receive by doing the following:
- Click Send Test Email
- Type your email address on the space provided
- Click Send
- Click the Done button to go back to the home page
4 - Enabling the eForm
In order for CareMonkey to send the eForm to the Care Profile owners, we need to "enable" the eForm.
a. Click on the three horizontal lines on the eForm.
b. Go to Settings tab and put a checkmark before the Enabled section, and then click on Save and Preview.
c. Click Home at the upper part of the screen to go to the Home Page.
Please also watch this video: