This article will guide Care Profile Owners (i.e., parents, adult club members, adult participants, employees, etc.) and Carers (i.e., teachers, club coaches, team managers, supervisors, etc.) on how to change the email address associated with their CareMonkey account. With the CareMonkey system, it is not necessary to inform the organisation directly of contact detail changes (such as email, mobile phone, and physical address) as once you have changed it on your end, the administrators of the org will also be notified and alerted of the change.
1. Login to your CareMonkey account using your email address and password.
2. Click My Account and then click Change My Email.
3. Put in your new email address, your current CareMonkey account password, and click Save.
4. A message will pop-up informing you that an activation link has been sent to your new email address, along with the activation instructions
5. An email will go to your new email address to verify the ownership of the new email address. Please note that until you have validated your new email address, you would need to continue using your original one.
6. All future sign-ins will be with the new email address.
Q: I do not remember my password.
A: If you still have an access to your original email address or has a mobile number listed in your account, you can follow the How does a User reset a password? guide.
Q: The new email address is already registered on CareMonkey. How can I change my current account to use that new email address?
A: If the new email address is already existing on CareMonkey, the steps above will not work. The user has the option to transfer the ownership of the profile (if there's already one) to the other email address or reset the password of that account (please see the link above). For further assistance, please get in touch with CareMonkey Support via email or live chat.
Q: I do not remember my password and I do not have access to my old email address, and my account has no mobile number listed.
A: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact number and we'll get in touch with you to fix the problem.